Sandra Bullock delivers heartfelt speech at MTV Movie & TV Awards 2019


Earlier this week, the biggest names in film and television united to celebrate the year in each realm at the MTV Movie & TV Awards. Actress Sandra Bullock, who won the Best Frightened Performance for Netflix hit, Bird Box, gave an emotional speech and shared that the film was a tribute to her children, Louis, 9, and Laila, 7.
Bullock, who essays the character of a mother protecting her children from demonic monsters in Bird Box, said, “My children asked me to make something for them. So when Bird Box crossed my path, I knew this was a story I needed to make because it was about family. And when I finished the film, I went to my babies and said ‘here, mommy made this for you and even though you can’t see it until you’re 21, because apparently a movie about being a mommy is a horror film, you will know when you see it there isn’t anything I wouldn’t do for you’.”
Bullock gave a shout-out to her kids and said, “You are my first thought in the morning. You are my last thought at night. I was put on this Earth to protect you. You are my world. I love you so much, and I will move mountains to make sure that you are safe.”
She finished the acceptance speech by saying she’s glad that her son could be in a room with “real-life superheroes”, like Wonder Woman star Gal Gadot – who presented her (Sandra Bullock) with the MTV award – and Captain Marvel’s Brie Larson.
“I’m sure he will notice that they are women, just like his mama,” Bullock said.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post